NASA Space Center Houston
Many native Houstonians can probably say they’ve only been to the NASA Johnson Space Center just once in their life time, and most likely when they were a child. Little do they know the gem and literally “world” of information on the space program that lies in their backyard. The Space Center should be at least a once a month family visit as there is always something going on and something to learn with all the news on space activity going on lately.
The Manned Space Flight Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational foundation offering extensive science education programs and a space museum. The cornerstone of its education mission is Space Center Houston, a leading science and space learning center. It is one of Houston’s top attractions, the area’s No. 1 attraction for international visitors, the Official Visitor Center of NASA Johnson Space Center and the only Smithsonian Affiliate in the greater Houston area.
Since opening in 1992, Space Center Houston has welcomed more than 18 million visitors and currently hosts more than 1 million visitors annually in its 250,000-square-foot educational complex. Space Center Houston has a $73 million impact on the greater Houston economy, according to a 2016 economic study by Jason Murasko and Stephen Cotten, associate professors of economics at the University of Houston – Clear Lake. 925 jobs and $36 million in personal income are attributed to its presence.
Fun and engaging education
- Space Center Houston offers a rich array of education programming for teachers and students, providing extraordinary learning opportunities.
- Inspiring young people to choose careers in STEM is one of the outcomes of our program.
- Education programs are based on data-supported evidence of effective learning and teaching methods.
Educational complex and space museum
- There is always something new at Space Center Houston with an amazing array of traveling exhibits and astounding events.
- Space Center Houston has the world’s largest collection of moon rocks and lunar samples for public view.
- Known around the world as the home of NASA Mission Control, International Space Station Mission Control and astronaut training, guests are taken behind the scenes to see NASA Johnson Space Center.
For more information, please visit Space Center Houston
Location: 1601 NASA Parkway, Houston, TX, USA 77058 Facebook
Phone: 281-244-2100 Hours: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. View seasonal hours
Media India Group recently reported on Five Places to Visit in the US This Summer, with NASA Space Center in Houston, Texas top on their list. The following is the article piece on this popular destination:
For every tourist visiting Houston, there is something special – NASA’s Space Center, the official visitor center of the most famous aerospace institution in the world and still responsible for large missions. No matter how old you are, you will be fascinated by all there is to see here: replicas of spaceships, training center for astronauts, the chance to touch billions of years old moon rock and so much more. If you ever plan to visit the place, be sure to take the ‘Level 9 Tour’, which is an ultimate experience that provides the visitors with unprecedented behind-the-scenes access to see the real world of NASA. On this 4-5 hour tour, tourists also get a change to witness the astronauts’ training facility and the ISS Mission Control.